Last Updated on November 26, 2020 by Fahadshoaib
If you have had the chance to read our past articles concerning water filters, you will then be able to attest to the authentic information we give to people looking to buy a good and quality long-lasting water filter.
Being the largest manufacturer of water heaters in North America, AO smith corporation hasn’t stopped there, they’ve also invested in the sales of water treatment. AO Smith has over 20 locations worldwide, including five manufacturing facilities in North America as well as in Asia and Europe.
WHAT IS A WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTER/FILTRATION SYSTEM?
One might not find the need to treat the water coming directly into the house, but the truth about some illness experienced in a home is due to the intake of water with different contaminants such as arsenic, chloride, viruses, and bacteria e.t.c. This is why a new device has been created to solve that particular problem.
A whole house water filter is meant to treat water at the point of entering your home, thereby supplying clean water all over the house.
A whole house filtration system cannot be defined because it depends on what you intend to filter. A good supplier wouldn’t just settle for a water softener; instead, go for an elaborate water system. Just as a whole house filtration system on a geographical location might get rid of sediments, chlorine or chloramine, a whole house filter will make sure water entering into the house is well treated.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE AO SMITH WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTER?
As suggested before, using whole house water filter can go a long way saving you from water contaminants, then what you will then consider now is how to know the best whole house water filter to use.
You shouldn’t worry about it anymore as I have an excellent and reliable company that deals with things of that sort. AO smith’s whole house water filter is consistent and dependable in making sure that water entering into your house is well treated.
AO Smith 6-Year Gallon Whole House Water Filter – Valve-In-Head System
Above is the product I’ve been telling you about, isn’t it pleasing to the eyes? Let me do a breakdown of what benefits it contains.
- Sediment Pre-Filter: it reduces chlorine, taste, odor, dirt, and sediment ahead of the central filter
- Central water filter: Reduces chlorine, taste, and odor
- Water softener: it softens the water by reducing scale buildup, spots, and stains in hard water
- Post-Filter: Gets rids of remaining sediments 5 microns or larger
- UV filter: kills more than 99% of any bacteria or viruses in your water
You can get this product approx for $329.00 or $299 at Lowest. Other pieces are also available to help customize your system to the type of water you want.
THE WHAT AND HOW OF THIS AMAZING AO WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTER
It’s genuinely not logical to buy a water filter without knowing the what and how of it, that is why I have taken it as a pleasure to explain in full details what AO smith whole house water filter has to offer.
The filter medium is activated carbon, and it’s just like the basic filter type. One great advantage is the reduction of chlorine, taste, and other unpleasantness situated in your water system. It doesn’t only stop there. It also helps in the reduction of herbicides and any other volatile organics.
Oh! I am sure you must be happy having an inkling about the works of this product. To fill you in on more information about this water filter, you should know the mechanism behind the great result you get from the water filter, which involves the process of absorption by trapping particles in the carbon pores, thereby reducing contaminants like chlorine, volatile organics, herbicides, pesticides e.t.c.
AO SMITH WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTER INSTALLATION
This might be the reason some settle for the common filters because they find fixing water treatment filters quite tricky. Well, I don’t share a piece of information without telling you how to go about it.
So don’t worry, it’s not difficult to fix if you are quite familiar or let me say already used with DIY home projects. But for those who have no basic knowledge on how to fix a filter, I’ll give you a step by step instructions to follow in other to successfully be an owner and user of this fantastic product.
1. Make sure the main plumbing that supplies water to the house is off and drained of all water. You can do this by opening all faucets and fixtures and then open a draw-off valve near the main
2. Be sure to know the exact location you want to fix the water filter.
3. Cut into the pipe main water supply. I will suggest you use a tubing cutter to have a perfect result
4. clean and solder the adapter fittings to transition into the filter housing to keep the heat away from the filter. You can use a workbench as a surface. When cool, connect the adapter fittings to the filter housing, using thread sealing tape on thread connections
5. clean, flux, and then dry-fit the remaining links. Include “T” fittings that allow water into and out of the filter, but also connect to a shutoff valve that serves as a bypass. include a shutoff valve for water entering the filter and a shutoff valve for water leaving the filter
6. In normal operation, the bypass valve remains in the closed position, and the two filter valves are in the open position. If the filter requires service, those valves should be reserved, allowing untreated water into the building temporarily.
7. Once all connections have been made, turn the water pressure back on to the building and check for leaks
A piece of cake, isn’t it? So you are now ready to enjoy the benefits AO Smith corporation has to offer. One fascinating fact about the filter is that it can last you for as much as six years before replacing it or equally use it for 600,000 gallons. The choice is yours.