Last Updated on May 9, 2023 by Marwat Azam
It hasn’t been so long when the idea of having a water filter in the house became a necessity. Most people before did not need to have a water filter installed in their home because they believe that once a filtration system is already carried out from the source, then the water coming down to their house is safe.
But the bad news is that it mostly doesn’t work that way. Although the water coming from the source might be treated. But, haven’t you put it into consideration that it is most likely to pick up contaminants on its road to your house? The passage in which the water pass through might be an agent of infection to the water, which makes the water dangerous for drinking.
Well, that shouldn’t be a problem anymore since the residential filtration technology has developed, allowing the freedom for one to take charge of the water coming into their house.
Happy, aren’t you? You know it’s sometimes more comfortable or reliable will be the best word to use when you are in control of your water treatment because it allows you to personally decide the best form of filtration system you want to use to minimize, if not eradicate any risk in your water.
Best Under Sink Water Filtration System
You’d be surprised to know that aside from under sink water filter, there also various types of water filter that can be useful and mostly does the same job since the basic need for a water filter is to treat the water you drink or use for any other activities. But the scope of this article is to give you a full knowledge thereby answering these common questions people tend to ask
- What is under sink water Filtration System
- Types of under sink water filter and how they work
- How do I know the best under sink water filter to buy
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of under sink water filter
- How do I install my under sink water filter
These questions above will be answered, leaving out no useful information, and you don’t need to worry about the price, and where you can get it, I’ll surely give you details on that. But before answering those questions, wouldn’t you want to have a look at what under sink water filter looks like? Below are best 5 under sink water filter.
Aquasana AQ-5300.55 3-Stage Under Sink Filter
This water filter is reliable in producing clean water regardless of its cheap price. That is, this is a filter that supports low budget and gives the same benefits the high budget under sink water has to offer.
One outstanding advantage of using this particular water filter is the off-twist design, i.e., you can twist it off and twist a new one to replace it.
Notification – just like the way you get a message notification, this model has been designed to notify you through its system so has to save you from the stress of guessing
Poor O-rings – This filter comes with a poor O-rings. It is most likely the rings fail after 2 to 3 years of usage. Though you might receive a new one from the company if you contact them.
CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter
This product is rated as one of the best in our best under sink water filter list. I want to state first that this water filter is not only good to use; it is also easy to install. Another advantage it has again is that unlike the other under sink filters, it doesn’t need an additional faucet because it will be directly connected to your sink’s cold water line instead.
You might be glad to know about the long-lasting filter this product uses; it is capable of producing up to 50,000 gallons of filtered water, which means it guarantees you about 5 years of usage, so I could say that this filter last more than others.
Simple installation- just like I said before, this water filter has the most straightforward installation processes. You just have to make use of the adjustable wrench and the components that come with the filter.
Size- this product, unlike the other models, is a little large, and this can be a problem if you are the one that makes use of the disposal system in a small cabinet.
Filtrete Advance Under Sink Water Filtration System
I would say this is one of the cheapest products on our list. Even though the filtrete water filtering system might not be expensive, it is very reliable in making sure water contaminants are gotten rid of in your water.
Another benefit of using this product is that it mostly does come with a separate faucet for filtered water. Just like CuZn UC-200 under the sink water filter, it also doesn’t have any problem with installation as it is easy to install.
Reliable filtration – filtrate filtration system is so effective, regardless of the low price it is being sold for. You can rely on it to remove up 99.99% of sediments, soils, and other contaminants present in your water.
Short longevity – well, one might say it is due to its cheap price, this product will last you not more than 6 months, only in exceptional cases where your water source is not very contaminated.
Woder 10k – Genll Ultra High Capacity Water Filter
If you are considering another low budget under the sink water filter, this is another product you might want to look into. The woder under filtering is so effective regardless of its cheap price.
Just like the other under sink water filters I have listed before, this also comes with some piece and accessories one might need for installation.
Talking about the number of gallons and the years it can serve you, woder filters can filter up to 10,000 gallons or last you for about 3 years.
Long-lasting filters – unlike some other water filters, woder filters have an extended-lasting filter which means you don’t have to change your filter every 6 months, it can last you for about 3 years before replacing it with a new one.
Slows water pressure – well, using woder filter is likely or let me say it reduces water pressure that reaches your faucet. Expect it to reduce up to 20%. You might find it a problem if perhaps you have low water pressure, to begin with.
APEC WFS-10000 3 Stage Under Sink Water Filter
This has always been the most common under sink water filtration systems. You can talk about under the sink water filter and leave out this particular product.
This water filter uses a 3 stage filtration process to remove contaminants in the water. This means you can rest assured that any water you drink using this water filter system is free of contaminants, and the water is undoubted of high quality
Another advantage this water filter has over others again is the easy installation process, the products come with the equipment you need to ease your stress when trying to install it, and it also comes with pre-drilled holes which allows you to mount it on the wall.
When talking about the water pressure, unlike some water filters, though they produce good water safe for drinking, they can’t stand with this water filter when it comes to providing high pressure of water. Isn’t it amazing? Despite passing through 3 separate filters, you still get a good pressure of water coming out from the faucet.
Good faucet- it comes with a quality faucet. The faucet also has stainless steel construction, which makes it better than other filters faucet with plastic models.
The faucet has one finish – the faucet always comes with a stainless steel finish. This tends to be a problem for those who have other finishes for their fixtures
What is an under sink water filter
An under sink water filter collects water from the under cold sink pipe and transport it to the plastic tube where the filters stay. So immediately the water is pure enough for consumption, then under sink filter, the uses its faucet.
Under-sink carbon, almost like reverse osmosis doesn’t store water, i.e., water doesn’t go to waste. Another thing you should know about under the sink filter is that it doesn’t supply water to the entire house; it only deals with the kitchen or anything that has a sink already.
The types of under sink water filters and how they work
- The conventional under sink water filter – this particular water filter is always attached to the cold water line, which allows the filtered water to pass through and come out from a second faucet. And the water that is not filtered can be used from your original faucet. Sometimes conventional filters can be a bit tricky to install since they always require additional faucet for filtered water and fittings to attach to the cold water line. Besides that, because of the separation of the filtered water from the unfiltered water, the filter life is often prolonged compared to the simple version.
- The simple under sink water filter – this one process water from the whole cold line. It requires no additional faucet as water is being dispensed through the regular faucet. One major disadvantage of it is that it has a short life span because and often requires changing more than often. If we talk about the advantage, we’re going to learn about the quick and easy installation features it has, and this has made it more common compared to the 3 types of under sink water filter we have.
- The reverse osmosis – this one employs the reverse osmosis process to flush away contaminants from the water. Clean and water are then dispensed through a faucet, mostly a separate one from the regular faucet.
How Do I Know The Best Under Sink Water To Buy
This can cause a headache because there are different types of under sink water available for purchase. The only way you can know the best one to buy is by knowing what exactly to look for, and I’ll call it “features.” so I’m going to tell you some features you should consider when buying an under sink water filter.
- Water pressure
- Filtering capacity
- Ease of installation and filter change
- Cartridge longevity
Advantages and Disadvantages of Under Water Sink Filters
Like I mentioned before, there are different types of water filters, but I chose to talk on under sink water filter. Then I think you have the right to know about the advantages and the disadvantages behind it.
- It improves the taste of water
- It the quality of water
- It is environmental friendly
- It requires no big storage
- It is easy to install
- You can find most of the under sink water filter at a cheap and reasonable price
- There are also varieties of under sink water filter to choose from
- Maintenance is quite easy since it has a simple filter
- Under sink water is limited sink it is situated under a sink, it is sometimes only useful in the kitchen and for drinking purposes
- This type of filtering devices requires alone its faucet to carry a filtering process, and you might as well install either a standard filter tap or a three-way tap which must be connected to your hot and cold water plumbs
How To Install My Under Sink Water Filter?
Installation is quiet, but there are some processes you have to take.
I’m going to list out some procedures you are to follow in other to install yours under the sink water filter.
- Remove the tubing under your sink
- Make sure to mark the location of the new filter
- Make all necessary plumbing connections
- Connect the filter to the sink
- Then screw the filter in if you choose a mounting location
Following these instructions, I believe you should be able to install any under sink water filter.
Some might ask, why should I install an under sink water filter? The truth is that it can be the safest type of filtering system to dedicate for drinking and kitchen purposes, not to mention, they are also common nowadays because of the benefits it has to offer, and the cheap price you can get it for