Samsung Water Filter HAF-QIN/EXP is a refrigerator water filter that provides filtered drinking water and ice cubes. It filters out impurities like chlorine, lead, sediment, rust, and other contaminants from your tap water.
Installing the filter is quick and easy. You can install the Samsung water filter by holding it correctly and pushing it into the filter housing until it clicks into place. It will take just a few minutes, and the filter will be installed in no time.
Where Is The Water Filter On The Samsung Refrigerator?
The water filter on Samsung refrigerators is typically located inside the fridge compartment or in the base grille at the bottom of the appliance.
If your Samsung refrigerator has an interior filter. In that case, you will likely find it in one of three locations inside your refrigerator: near the top-right corner, the bottom-right corner, or the top-left corner. The filter may be visible without opening any drawers, or you may need to remove one of the drawers to access it. If your Samsung refrigerator has an external filter, it should be located in the base grille at the bottom of your appliance.
How Can You Know The Model Number Of Your Samsung Refrigerator?
The model number of your Samsung refrigerator can often be found in several places. The most common place to locate it is inside the refrigerator on one of the walls, usually near or behind the vegetable or crisper drawers. If you cannot find it there, you may have to look on the back or side of your refrigerator where the power cord is located. A rating label may also be affixed to the side or back of your refrigerator containing the model number. If you’re still having trouble, consult the user manual for your Samsung refrigerator, which will also list all the model numbers.
Difference Between HAF Qin And HAF-Qin EXP
The difference between the Samsung HAF-QIN and HAF-QIN EXP water filters lies in their filtration capacity. The HAF-QIN model is rated to filter up to 1,500 gallons of water, while the HAF-QIN EXP has a higher filtration rate and can filter up to 2,000 gallons of water. This makes the EXP model better for larger households or areas with more water usage. Additionally, both models help reduce chlorine taste and odor from drinking water and other potentially harmful contaminants like lead, mercury, asbestos, and turbidity.
How to install Samsung water filter HAF-QIN/EXP?
- Step 1: Find the correct filter part number of your Samsung fridge: You must locate the part number of your Samsung refrigerator to verify that this water filter is compatible. The numbers can be found on the inside wall (underneath a flap or behind the produce drawer), near the power cord, or even on the back of some fridges.
- Step2: Turn off the home’s water supply line: Once you have located the line, turn it off. You can do this by turning the valve clockwise until it stops completely. If a handle is attached to the valve, turn it clockwise to ensure no more water can flow through the line. Make sure not to over-tighten the valve.
- Step 3: Turn the water filter counter-clockwise: Turn the old water filter counter-clockwise to remove it from the refrigerator. Make sure to turn it slowly and firmly until it comes off. Pull the old water filter straight out of the fridge.
- Step 4: Take the new water filter out of its packaging: Take out the new water filter. Take special care to handle the filter carefully, as it is a delicate item.
- Step 5: Remove the protective cap from the filter: Remove the protective cap from the new filter and discard. This will expose the small O-ring on top of the filter. Inspect the O-ring to ensure it is seated correctly in the groove of the filter body; if not, adjust accordingly.
- Step 6: Insert the filter into the housing: First, align the arrows on both sides of the filter head with those on the housing. Then push in firmly until it clicks into place. To ensure a secure fit, gently pull outward on the filter after it has been installed to check that it is securely fastened. Remove and reinsert the filter to ensure it is securely fastened.
- Step 7: Make sure the locked symbol is lined up with the indicator line: After fully inserting the filter, ensure the locking symbol is lined up with the indicator line on the left side of the fridge. This indicates that it is correctly locked in place and ready for use. If it is not lined up, rotate the filter until it clicks into place.
- Step 8: Press the alarm: Push the Alarm button on the water filter’s bottom. The indicator light should blink twice to indicate that it has been reset.
- Step 9: Turn on the water supply line: After connecting the filter to the water supply line, turn on the main water valve. This will allow water to flow through the Samsung HAF-QIN/EXP and out of your faucet.
- Step 10: Run 2.5 gallons of water through the dispenser to rinse out any impurities: Turn the dispenser back on and let it run for 2.5 gallons of filtered water. This will flush out any particles that may have been caught in the filter during installation and ensure your drinking water is clean. Make sure to discard this initial batch of water, as it may contain impurities from the installation process.
How To Reset The Filter Light On A Samsung Refrigerator?
- Step 1: Find the Filter Reset button on the control panel: The filter reset button is usually located on the front of the refrigerator’s control panel. Look for a small red or silver button that says “Filter Reset” or something similar.
- Step2: Press the button and hold for 3 seconds: Once you’ve found the button, press it for three seconds.
- Step 3: Filter light will be reset: The filter light on your Samsung refrigerator will reset when you release the button.
When Should You Change Your Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter?
It is generally recommended to change your Samsung Water Filter every six months. This helps ensure that the water you drink is as fresh and clean-tasting as possible. The filter should be changed more frequently if the refrigerator dispenses a lower amount of water if there is an increase in taste or odor, or if sediment appears in the water.
How Do Refrigerator Water Filters Work?
Refrigerator water filters work by reducing the number of contaminants and impurities in your drinking water. The filter removes particles such as dirt, rust, chlorine, lead, cysts, and VOCs that can affect the taste and odor of drinking water. Refrigerator water filters also reduce sediment buildup in pipes and appliances connected to the refrigerator water supply.
Different Models Of Samsung Refrigerator’s Water Filter
Samsung HAF-CIN/EXP water filter: This high-performance filter reduces contaminants such as lead, mercury, cyst, and other particles from your water. It can be used in Samsung refrigerators models RF28K9380SR, RF263BEAESG, and RF265BEAESG.
Samsung HAF QIN water filter: This water filter is designed for Samsung refrigerators with external ice and water dispensers. It reduces bad taste, odors, chlorine, and sediment in your drinking water. This filter can be used in Samsung refrigerator models RF23HCEDBBC/AA and RF25HMEDBSR/AA.
Samsung HAF CU1/EXP water filter: This filter is designed for Samsung refrigerators without an external ice and water dispenser. It reduces bad taste, odors, chlorine, and sediment in your drinking water. This filter can be used in Samsung refrigerator models RF24FSEDBSR/AA and RF28HFEDBWW/AA.
Replace the filter every six months: The filter should be replaced every six months to maintain its effectiveness. If your filter has been used for more than six months, replace it with a new one as soon as possible.
Check the leakage: Make sure there is no water leakage around the filter and that all connections are secure before using the filter.
Cleaning the filter: The filter should be cleaned thoroughly once every month to ensure its peak performance. Make sure to use fresh and clean water for the cleaning process.
Regularly check the Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV): Monitor the PRV regularly to ensure it works properly. If it isn’t, contact a qualified plumber to repair it.
Using the filter: Only use cold water with the filter and avoid using hot water, as this can cause damage to the filter.
Only use Samsung filters in your refrigerator: It is essential only to use Samsung filters in your refrigerator as other brands may not be compatible and can cause damage to the appliance.
Will it work with Samsung rs22t5201sr?
The Samsung water filter HAF-QIN/EXP is compatible with the Samsung rs22t5201sr refrigerator.
What is the capacity of the Samsung water filter HAF-QIN/EXP?
Samsung water filter HAF-QIN/EXP has a capacity of 300 gallons.
What happens if I do not change my fridge’s water filter?
If you do not change your fridge’s water filter, then its ability to reduce impurities in your drinking water will decrease. The contaminated water can lead to health issues and poor drinking water taste.
Why won’t my Samsung water filter go in?
If your Samsung water filter does not go in, it could be due to a tight fit. Try gently twisting the water filter while pushing it in to solve this issue.
Can I run my Samsung refrigerator without the water filter?
It is not recommended to run your Samsung refrigerator without a water filter. The water filter is essential for reducing contaminants in drinking water and improving its taste. Without it, you may be at risk of consuming contaminated water.
Are there any precautions I should take when installing my Samsung water filter?
Yes, when installing your Samsung water filter, make sure to read the instructions carefully and follow them closely. Also, turn off the water supply before removing or installing a new filter.
How do I know when to replace my Samsung water filter?
Your Samsung refrigerator has a filter indicator light that will turn on when it’s time to replace your water filter. You should also replace the filter every six months to ensure you receive clean drinking water.
Installing your Samsung water filter HAF-QIN/EXP is a quick and easy task that requires no tools. Remember to replace your filter every six months for optimal performance and safe drinking water. By following the guidelines, you’ll be able to keep your water filter running smoothly and enjoy crystal-clear, great-tasting water for years to come.
Meet Jeffrey B Roberts, your dedicated guide into the realm of water science and technology. As a hydro biologist with an insatiable curiosity, Jeffrey’s journey has been one of unraveling the mysteries of water systems and advocating for clean, safe water for all.
With an academic background steeped in the sciences, Jeffrey’s passion lies at the crossroads of science, technology, and nature. A deep fascination with plants and genetics has not only enriched their understanding of aquatic ecosystems but has also propelled them into the world of water softening solutions.
Believing that clean water is a basic human right, Jeffrey’s writing transcends the technicalities, making the intricate world of water softening accessible to all. Through their blog, they ardently share insights, tips, and breakthroughs, empowering readers to make informed decisions about their water quality.
Beyond his role as a prolific writer, Jeffrey is a respected figure in the hydronics industry education. With years of hands-on experience, they serve as an adjunct professor, nurturing the next generation of experts at the Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology. His involvement on the Technical Advisory Board further cements their dedication to pushing the boundaries of innovation in water technology.